Saturday, May 19, 2007

Waking up at an ungodly hour of 4 am to catch the flight to Phoenix via Atlanta was not fun but expected. All previous doubts about whether it was worth doing an unplanned trip which was decided a few hours back was removed when I started the drive from Phoenix to Flagstaff, a town on the way to Grand Canyon. Flagstaff is a good base camp to visit the surrounding area which has a lot of beautiful places, the most famous of which is Grand Canyon. Sedona, which was on the way is also a very charming place. Another national monument on the way was the Montezuma Castle where I took a photo of myself. The vast open spaces and driving on the highway in my car was indescribably joyful. I managed to snag a last minute room for a discount price on none other than Route 66. Tomorrow morning I'll be hitting Grand Canyon.

Post a Comment: